Replanning with Redux
Planning as goal/operator-based
design with dependency-directed backtracking.
Decision dependencies create useful links.
- Planning states are goals
- Sit Calc fluents are operators with pre-conditions
as new goals
- Frame axioms are constraints over state assignments
- Computational Logic Rules govern choice of goal and operator
- Conflicts and Failure results in Dependency-Directed Backtracking
- Backtracking "culprit" choice is also rule-based.
- Design decision model includes rationales and contengencies
(See sit calc example)
© 2007 Charles Petrie - permission to reproduce widely with attribution